Welcome to village Holidays
Booking Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE CONDITIONS CARFULLY, WHEN YOU MAKE A RESERVATION, YOU ARE ENTERING INTO A LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT. THE TERMS OF WHICH ARE SET OUT IN THESE CONDITIONS.
1 Village Holidays LTD
The contract for a short-term holiday rental will be between Village Holidays LTD (referred to as "us" or "we") and the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party (referred to as "you" or "your") in the following booking conditions, the law of England and Wales will govern the Contract. The contract of hire is not effective until we have received the deposit. The contract will be subject to these booking conditions and must be complied with. The party leader must be at least 18 years of age at the time of the booking and the booking form must list names, addresses and ages of your party.
2 Duration and Times of Lettings
You should not arrive before 3pm on the commencement date and must leave by 10am on the day of departure. Failure to do so will result in you being charged a further day's rental. You must not use the property except for the purpose of a holiday during the holiday period, and not for any other purpose or longer period. The agreement to stay in the property for the holiday period, does not create the relationship of Landlord and Tennant between the parties. You shall not be entitled to a new tenancy, or to any assured short hold or assured tenancy or any statutory protection under the Housing Act 1988 or other statutory security of tenure now or at the end of the Holiday Period.
3 Booking Procedure
Whilst we are prepared to consider requests for reservations of the properties, the confirmation of a reservation shall not render us liable in the event that the property is unavailable for occupation during the period reserved and no contract will arise between us and you otherwise than in accordance with the following provisions of these terms and conditions.
4 Direct Booking and Booking Requests
All applications to book holidays in the properties must be submitted by you to us using our standard booking form for the time being in force ("Booking Form"). The Booking Form must be fully completed by you and must be accompanied by payment of the booking deposit. The booking deposit shall be as follows:
1. when a direct booking is accepted or booking is requested, a booking deposit may be required. The booking deposit amount will be agreed at the time of booking and is a minimum of 25% of the rental rate. The full balance for your holiday rental is due 28 days prior to check in.
2. If the booking is confirmed less than 28 days before check in - the full amount is payable in respect of the whole of the letting period.
In the event that we decline an application, the full amount of the booking deposit will be refunded to you. In the event that an application is accepted, the booking deposit will be retained by us and treated as a payment on account of the amount payable in respect of the letting.
5 Acceptance of an Application
The contract between us and you for the letting of the property shall arise upon us giving written confirmation of acceptance of your booking (usually via the email address provided by you in the booking form) upon us having obtained clear funds in respect of the deposit or full payment if booked within 28 days.
The full amount of the payment for the fee for the letting (less the amount to which clause 4) shall be paid on the "due date" namely:
1. In a booking in which clause 4i applies, not later than 28 days before the commencement of the letting; or
2. In a booking to which 4ii applies, upon our acceptance under clause 5.
VAT is not payable in the rental charge of the property
7 Failure to pay
Non-payment of the sum payable under clause 6 by the due date may be treated as a cancellation of your booking and we will be entitled to re-let the property without reference to the client. The terms as to payment in clause 8 thereafter apply.
ALL GUESTS ARE ADVISED TO TAKE OUT PERSONAL HOLIDAY CANCELLATION INSURANCE.
Any request to cancel a booking must be made in writing to us. You shall remain liable for all the payments due in respect of the reservation whether or not they have been paid at the time of the cancellation. We will use our reasonable endeavours to re-let the property in respect of the cancellation period. If we are successful, you will be refunded the difference between moneys you have paid less the sums receivable from the re-letting after deduction of all costs and expenses incurred by us which shall include an administration fee of £25 in respect of each day that the property was reserved by you.
Cancellations due to government public health measures
If you cancel your booking because UK government public health measures mean you are not allowed to travel or you are prevented from using your booking, you may choose to:
• change your booking to a later date free of charge, subject to availability – you will be advised of the new rental rate for the selected dates, gusts will be charged if the cost of the new booking is higher or be reimbursed the difference if the cost of the new booking is lower.
• request a voucher with the value equal to the amount already paid. The voucher terms and conditions will be available prior to you making a choice under this clause.
• obtain a refund of the amount already paid for the booking.
• f you have to cut short your stay because of UK government public health measures, you will be entitled to a pro-rata refund of the amount paid for the accommodation, but any insurance premiums, booking fees or administration charges paid will not be refundable.
Guests must contact us to discuss the options available.
We reserve the right to amend the price quoted on our website, brochure or rates sheet due to errors or omissions or changes in the VAT rate. In such circumstances we will contact you as soon as we become aware of an increase in charges. If you do not wish to pay the increase you shall be entitled to cancel the reservation and receive a full refund for all monies paid in respect of the reservation providing notice of cancellation is given in accordance with the provisions of clause 4 and within 7 days of you receiving notice of the amendment to the price to be charged from us.
10 Changes to bookings
We will consider any request to change dates after confirmation has been issued.
11 Occupancy and Use of Property
Under no circumstances may more than the maximum number of persons stated on the booking form and the website occupy the property. We reserve the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed. Any persons other than members of your party must not use the facilities of Village Holidays LTD, unless prior written consent has been obtained by us. To exceed the maximum number of persons in the property overloads the facilities available which are not designed or capable of supporting additional usage, and can lead to extensive and expensive damage. As such any over- occupancy is considered to be a serious infringement of the Terms and Conditions and can result in an immediate requirement to vacate the premises, with no refund of monies due, and possible further charges in the event of damage to the facilities caused by excess usage
12 Care of the Property
You are responsible for the property and are expected to take all reasonable care of its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects, in or on the property. You must leave them in the same state of repair, and in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period as at the beginning. You must not use the properties for any dangerous, offensive, noxious, noisy, immoral activities or carry on there any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to the owner or other neighbouring properties. We request noise to be kept to a minimum between the hours of 10pm and 7am. Smoking or vaping is not allowed in any of the properties or in any communal areas.
13 Damages and Damage Deposit
Bookings through Village Holidays LTD may require a damage deposit, this will be stated at the time of booking. A pre authorisation to the fee of £200 per property will be made on your credit card one day prior to your arrival. This amount is fully refundable to your card within 7 days (usually 3 days) of your departure, providing the property is left clean and tidy, there has been no breakages, extra cleaning required, or any extra people found to be staying at the property. If the pre authorisation is declined by your credit card, the damage deposit must be paid prior to check in by cash, cheque, bank transfer or credit card.
In the event that you or anyone staying at the property during your reservation period causes damage or incurs a need for professional cleaning services or leaves the property without settling invoices for additional services or supplies received during your reservation period you will be notified in writing of the details of any extra costs incurred within 14 working days after the end of the reservation period and this amount shall be deducted from the Damage Deposit or payment will be required by you.
14 Play Equipment
You agree that the use of the play equipment is at your (or any third party residing in the property during the period of your reservation) risk in all respects.
You confirm that you are authorised to sign the booking form on behalf of all persons who will occupy the property and that those persons are aware of the booking conditions. You shall be a member of the party occupying the property and are required to ensure that:
1. Each member of the party on whose behalf you have submitted the Booking Form is listed on the booking form with his or her full name and age.
2. Each member of the party is aware of and will comply with all rules and regulations published by ourselves in respect of the use and occupation of the Properties;
3. The number of persons within the party shall not exceed the maximum number of persons permitted to occupy the property.
Any breach of these provisions will constitute a breach of contract, there upon we may terminate the booking forthwith in which event all moneys paid by you will be forfeited and you may be required to vacate the property.
We reserve the right to repossess the property at any time where damage or nuisance have been caused by you or any member of your party and in such event we shall not be liable to make any refund whatsoever.
This condition sets out our entire financial liability (including any liability for the acts or omissions of its employees, agents, consultants and subcontractors) to you in respect of any breach of this agreement; any use made by you or any third party residing or making use of the property during your period of reservation and any representation, statement or tortious act or omission (including negligence) arising under or in connection with this agreement.
All warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from this agreement. Nothing in this agreement limits or excludes the liability of us for death or personal injury resulting from negligence or liability incurred by you as a result of fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by us.
We shall not be liable for loss of profits; loss of business; loss of anticipated savings; loss of personal property or possessions; loss of use of the property or any special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses in respect of the reservation.
Our total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of the conditions of this agreement shall be limited to the monies paid in respect of your reservation under the conditions of this agreement.
Any vehicle of yours or any third party making use of the property during the period of your reservation is left at the property entirely at the risk of the owner of the vehicle.
16 Force Majeure
In these terms and conditions "Force Majeure" means any circumstances beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, an Act of God, Fire, Flood, War or Acts of Terrorism. If by reason of Force Majeure the property is not available at the commencement of the time booked by you or the property is unsuitable for letting at that time, we shall not be deemed to be in breach of contract
but shall refund in full to you all fees, charges and any deposit paid in advance by you. We will not be liable for any other claim for loss or damage by you.
(a) In the event of any conflict between these booking conditions and any other contents of any brochure or website, these conditions shall prevail.
(b) These terms and the contract between you and us shall be subject to and interpreted in accordance with the law of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any claim arising from such contract.
(c) Words herein denoting the masculine gender shall, where the context so admits be taken to include the feminine and neuter genders and vice versa.
(d) Words herein denoting the singular shall, where the context so admits be taken to include the plural and vice versa.
WE REQUIRE THAT OUR GUESTS READ AND ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS WHICH SHOULD BE READ IN CONJUCTION WITH AND FORM PART OF THE BOOKING CONDITIONS.
1. To behave in such a manner as not to disrupt the enjoyment of other people staying in the near vicinity or prejudice the reputation of the owner of the property.
2. Your holiday or that of any third party residing or making use of the property during the period of your reservation in breach of this clause may be terminated immediately and without Compensation or any further obligation. Any damage to facilities arising out of misuse or as a result of negligence and/or failure to follow the instructions herein will be chargeable to you.
3. The use of candles inside or outside Village Holidays properties is strictly prohibited. Turn off all electrical appliances before going to bed and close all doors.
18 Regulations and Conditions Regarding Pets
We require that our guests read and accept the following conditions which should be read in conjunction with and form part of the booking conditions.
1. Not to allow any pet within our property.
19 Security and Privacy
Village Holiday ensure that:
1. Personal data is only used for the legitimate interests of Village Holidays and does not unduly prejudice the rights and freedoms of the individual in question.
2. Personal data will be processed fairly and lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act. 3. They will not process "sensitive" personal data without prior consent from the member.
4. Access will be granted to computerised personal data in the form of a computerised "printout", and to manual personal data at its discretion.
5. Information processed is accurate, relevant, current, up to date and not excessive. 6. Personal data will be kept only for so long as is necessary for the specified purposes.
Please be forewarned that it is possible to catch computer viruses by accessing a web page or by downloading or running an infected program. Whilst Village Holidays has taken steps to ensure that the pages on this web site are free from infection, such is the nature of the Internet that no assurance can be given that the pages of this web site are indeed free from infection. It is a condition of us allowing you free access that Village Holidays will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by any person accessing this web site or any third party resulting directly from the transmission of a computer virus resulting from the accessing of this web site.
Please note that the information available on this web site may be incomplete, out of date or incorrect. It is therefore essential that you verify all such information with us before taking any action in reliance upon it. It is a condition of us allowing you free access to the material on this web site that you accept that we will not be liable for any action you take in reliance on the information on this web site.
The contents of the pages on villageholidays.co.uk site are copyright Village Holidays LTD. The copying or incorporation into any other work or part or all of the material available on this web site in any form is prohibited save that you may: download extracts of the material on the site for your personal use; or: copy the material on the site for the purpose of sending to individual third parties for their personal information provided that you acknowledge us as the source of the material and that you inform the third party that these conditions apply to them and that they must comply with them.
Villageholidays.co.uk Terms and conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice.
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of villageholidays's Website, located at villageholidays.co.uk and booking.villageholidays.co.uk
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use villageholidays if you do not agree to take all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person log on this website and compliant to the Company's terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner for the express purpose of meeting the Client's needs in respect of provision of the Company's stated services, in accordance with and subject to, the law. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to the same.
Unless otherwise stated, villageholidays and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on villageholidays.
All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may access this from villageholidays for your own personal use subjected to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
• Republish material from villageholidays
• Sell, rent or sub-license material from villageholidays
• Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from villageholidays
• Redistribute content from villageholidays
This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
Parts of this website offer an opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions and information in certain areas of the website. villageholidays does not filter, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their presence on the website. Comments do not reflect the views and opinions of villageholidays,its agents and/or affiliates. Comments reflect the views and opinions of the person who posts their views and opinions. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, villageholidays shall not be liable for the Comments or for any liability, damages or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
villageholidays reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which can be considered inappropriate, offensive or causes breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You warrant and represent that:
• You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
• The Comments do not invade any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark of any third party;
• The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material which is an invasion of privacy
• The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
You hereby grant villageholidays a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Hyperlinking to our Content
The following organizations may link to our Website without prior written approval:
• Government agencies;
• Search engines;
• News organizations;
• Online directory distributors may link to our Website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Websites of other listed businesses; and
• System wide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Website.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products and/or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party's site.
We may consider and approve other link requests from the following types of organizations:
• commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources;
• dot.com community sites;
• associations or other groups representing charities;
• online directory distributors;
• internet portals;
• accounting, law and consulting firms; and
• educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we decide that: (a) the link would not make us look unfavourably to ourselves or to our accredited businesses; (b) the organization does not have any negative records with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility of the hyperlink compensates the absence of villageholidays; and (d) the link is in the context of general resource information.
These organizations may link to our home page so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party's site.
If you are one of the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must inform us by sending an e-mail to villageholidays. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Website, and a list of the URLs on our site to which you would like to link. Wait 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Website as follows:
• By use of our corporate name; or
• By use of the uniform resource locator being linked to; or
• By use of any other description of our Website being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party's site.
No use of villageholidays's logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and written permission, you may not create frames around our Web Pages that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Website.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Website. You approve to immediately remove all links to our Website upon request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuously linking to our Website, you agree to be bound to and follow these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Website that is offensive for any reason, you are free to contact and inform us any moment. We will consider requests to remove links but we are not obligated to or so or to respond to you directly.
We do not ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we promise to ensure that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
• limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury;
• limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
• limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
• exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and prohibitions of liability set in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort and for breach of statutory duty.
As long as the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.